Life With Braces
We know that getting used to your new braces can be a bit tricky. Here are a few tips to help you navigate your way until you get the hang of it.
The following are a list of recommendations that will go quite a long way in helping you maintain your oral health throughout your course of treatment.
· Use a soft-bristled toothbrush with a small head. Electric and sonic toothbrushes are also a great choice.
· Brush your teeth after meals and snacks.
· If you have eaten while away from home, use your interdental brush to dislodge any food that may get caught around your braces. Not sure where to get one? Most pharmacy's carry disposable ones so you do not have to worry about losing it.
· Rinsing with water is another way to dislodge food from your braces, and to keep sugar from sitting on your teeth.
· Floss your teeth at least once a day.
· Make an appointment with your dentist for a general check up every 6 months to avoid any cavities.